Happy Friday

Hey, Bread:

It's finally feeling like summer's coming. I wonder if we'll have any June Gloom this year at all. The May Gray was minimal. I don't expect any July Why at all.

I'm going to see the Beach Boys' reunion this Saturday at the Hollywood Bowl. Worst seats in the place, visually, but best seats aurally. The seats at the top of the Bowl have immensely full sound, cognitively supported by the sight of thousands of people gathered in the night, before the illuminated Shell of Wonder.

I think these seats will be great for the Beach Boys. I figure, with the Beach Boys, at their age, it's all about the sound. Actually, having recently watched the astounding TAMI Show from 1964, I can attest that with the Beach Boys, it has always been about sound. They've never been an attractive group, just barely reasonable-looking. The obvious exception would be Dennis Wilson, who is currently smoking hash with James Brown.

love,
Kate

Comments

Popular Posts