Hello, Mary Lou:



Wow. This was a kind of legendary New Year's. It brought me to one of those acidesque moments when you hear a benevolent and androgynous voice in your head, maybe the voice of your soul, and it's saying, "You are alive."



It's a kind reminder to kiss and eat and recognize this moment, because it is real, and it is perfect, even though I feel eternally unfinished and imperfect.



You don't have to be perfect to be perfect.



And you don't have to be beautiful to turn Prince on.



The moment happened in a hot tub. Me and a girl and boy were floating in the tub as the earth turned--for hours and years--and still the sun wouldn't come up, and the boy goes, hey, I guess the thing about 2003 is, it's always dark! that was fine, because it was the kind of night that you want to go on for years. It did, too. The evening began in the sexual 1960s and went on from there, with a lot of time spent in the dangerous and liberating 1970s.



I want to explain everything to you but I have stuff to do. In any case, I just want to say that I think you should pursue your dreams, and pursue them your way. Don't let anyone change your style in a way that feels wrong to you. If you keep pushing and pushing, eventually the universe will give you what you ask for, and will reward your individual style.



Happy New Year.



OK bye.

love,

Kate

Comments

Popular Posts