Du Lang Du Lang:



Totally back in L.A.



Minneapolis was gross, and amazing. The air was overheated and steamy and yet somehow too dry--my skin felt syrupy and congested. It was gross. Also, I barely got to go out because I was so busy doing my project thing. That part was amazing. I was so focused on it, I completely lost all sense of courtesy with friends and loved ones. That's not very nice, I'm afraid. I want to apologize especially to my beautiful girlfriend Suzanne. I suck at compartmentalizing. If I am super-into something, which honestly hasn't happened that many times in my life, I get obsessed. It is because I have an obsessive brain. My goal is to obsess over FUN instead of BOYS. Historically I have obsessed over BOYS and it kinda fucked me up a tiny bit. You can't have a good time with a boy you're obsessing over. It's better to obsess over FUN, your own fun, so that the boy-aspect doesn't carry the burden of fun and happiness in your life. It took me a real long time to get hip to this. About twenty years. I'm still learning.



When I got back I went straight from LAX to Orange County to see Argent and Blunstone, better known as the Zombies, with Julio. Julio first turned me onto them, so it was kind of a special thing. It was one of the happiest moments of my life so far, actually. Not much better in this life than sitting next to the likes of Julio, with some glassy rapture-eyes, singing "Beechwood Park" along with Colin Blunstone who's 10 feet away.



I played "Beechwood Park" on Cosmic Slop. That was good.



It was only the third time they had ever performed that song live.



If you haven't done it yet, I will recommend once again that you go to the record store and buy "Oddessey and Oracle."



It's a beautiful day here in Los Angeles and I'm itching to get out in the yard and do some of God's work.



I also want to lie in bed and watch the Monkees' movie "Head," which I have never seen.



More music news in a minute.



There's a "top-gun DUI lawyer" with ads during "Breakfast with the Beatles" on KLSX, which I'm listening to right now. He begins the ad by thanking the police and firefighters for doing all their work to keep America secure during these vigilant times. Then he says he's also doing all he can to keep California secure by helping drunk drivers avoid jail time. I'm not kidding about this. It's classic Bush-era doublespeak. What a weirdo.



I predict the new Outkast song "Hey Yeah" is going to be a HUGE hit. Just a tip. Keep an ear out for it. Outkast inspire me to be a better Beatle, every day of my life. They're really good Beatles.



I will explain what I mean by that if you don't understand.



Welcome home!



xoxo

kate







Comments

Popular Posts