Thursday, November 02, 2006





HI GUYS

Baseball is over but "The OC" is just beginning. Of course, "The OC" without Mischa Barton will be like the Dodgers without Eric Gagne. But, as I recall, that worked out all right.

I played a new Kelis song on my radio show today called "Living Proof," and I "quite liked it," as some people would say. It had a "You Light Up My Life"-potential-Christian-romance subtext to it, which was a refreshing contrast to her previous great hit, "Milkshake." If a singer is going to go quasi-Christian on me, it's always preferable if it is a singer who has made her name singing about being a huge slut. See also: The immortal Donna Summer.

Of course, I could be projecting a Christian subtext onto Kelis' music. Either way, it's a convincingly romantic song. That's always a little miracle.

TV time,
Kate

No comments: