OK, Everybody (and that means you):



Finally I have a minute to get my blog on.



So, the record I'm into at the moment is the new release by Puffy AmiYumi, called "Nice." It's just super! I'm in love!



At first I thought there were only two good songs on it, kind of like their last compilation. It turns out, though, that this is a true album, written and produced cohesively and with great good care, delicious and full of discoveries all the way through. It's written and produced mainly by Andy Sturmer, who, as far as I know, used to be in Jellyfish, and who made the two great songs on their compilation. He's a dream.



Other than that, I've been travelling my ass off. To Minnesota.



The cottage is getting more and more cottagey. I've got a huge X-mas tree decorated with anything I could find around the house, including the cut-out satellite from ELO's "Out of the Blue" album, at the top of the tree, and a Rolling Stones keychain, a magic wand, a Wellstone button and my tiny Britney bear whose T-shirt says "Oops!" It's a good tree.



I'm listening at this moment to the new Nelly Furtado album, but I'm not feeling it. Oh well. I didn't exactly have my heart set on it.



Mostly I've been rockin' the KOLA-99 FM a lot, which plays "Hang on Sloopy" with appropriate frequency and also plays all the best holiday songs. OMG, Julio just played me the Christmas record by The Brothers Steve, a college band including members of Tsar and the Corvids and other friends. It's the most precious holiday record I've ever heard. Tender and delicate and full of boyish harmonies and heartfelt sentiments about Christmas, Chanukah, and Easter for no reason. I wish you could hear it. You would love it.



Boys act like they don't care about Christmas, but they totally do.



I wish I could write more but suddenly I am overcome with exhaustion. I've been working and staying up and not sleeping enough, and what with all the cyber-flus out there, it is suddenly necessary to sleep like 10 hours a night just to feel normal. Do you hear me?



talk to you soon,

stay gold,

Kate

Comments

Popular Posts