Hey You Guys!



I have some weird news: I'm going to be putting the blog to bed and re-starting it as a more "professional" blog for a while. I wanted to let you know in case you wanted to check out the archives before I do it.



The reason is that I'm unveiling a new venture, my Top Secret Project. For two years I have been working on a radio show called Pop Vultures.









The show was conceived by Garrison Keillor and is produced by his people and me. But it's nothing like "A Prairie Home Companion." It is a pop-music rap session, inspired by the countless late-night bull sessions I have had over the years with my friends, where we debate the relative merits of Britney and Xtina, Bowie and Bolan, Clay and Ruben, etc.



It's also inspired by Car Talk, Mr. Rogers, This American Life, MOJO Magazine, and my dad.



I am so proud of it and I have so much fun doing it!



The web site is totally under construction and going to become ever so much more fabulous over the next month.



Ditto the shows themselves. The episodes posted on the website are pilots, which means that we have been learning as we go and making lots of mistakes. They're sort of a beautiful mess. I would recommend you avoid the segment on Tupac. I have been told the Outkast one sucks, too, but I still like it a lot. Conversely, I have been told the Dave Grohl one is good, but I can't stand it! I can fully endorse the episodes on the Neptunes, Eighties Nostalgia, Pink and Mary J. Blige.



Because much of the material is like a year old, you will notice some of the stuff seems weirdly out of date. That's just one of the hazards of developing a pop-cultural show like ours. Eventually this won't be an issue.



The reason I'm putting the blog to bed is that the show is going on the air in two major markets in the next couple weeks--Seattle and Philadelphia--and I am not keen on a bunch of strangers Googling me and discovering secrets of my love life and whatnot. Apparently we have been on the air for weeks on some college station in New York and I didn't even know about it.



I'll post the new URL for the new blog when I figure it out.



xoxox

moi



ps:

Tsar's playing tonite at some weird downtown thing, should be fun!



FRIDAY APRIL 16

Hangar 1018

12:00 Midnite!!

1018 S. Santa Fe

Downtown Los Angeles 90021



$5 w/ flyer

Go here to print out flyer.

Comments

Popular Posts