I Tell You What

Want to know something so cute? Go here and read Tony Pierce's cute interview with the New York Times.



What else?



I am braindead because I finally got a real dog, and it's a baby, and I'm sleeping in short bits and very loopy all of the time. I don't have a pic yet but basically he is a cross between a tiny muppet, a tiny ewok, and a tiny stuffed animal toy. He makes lots of snuffling noises all of the time, especially when he is excited. He also does a ton of Sloopy-isms such as: handing you his paw for no apparent reason, repeatedly; peeing in the middle of the pathway outside my door; and lying on his back so you can have your way with his belly, all of the time. He is excellent and as yet no name seems sufficiently great for him.



Also I just had a beer.



Now it is time to go to bed.



I feel happy.



I spoke on the phone with my hero, Jeff Barry, and he told me he sings the last bits of vocals on Van Morrison's "Brown Eyed Girl." His best friend Bert Burns produced it (who wrote "Hang On Sloopy" and "Twist and Shout"), and they needed extra vocals. Jeff Barry was ace at vocal imitations and so that's how it happened. And now you know.



Jeff Barry told me so many things. Like how it felt after he had written "Be My Baby." The song Brian Wilson listens to every single day of his life. He said something on the order of, I didn't think i had just written a timeless classic, but I thought I did a good enough job. I liked the line about "we'll make them turn their heads everywhere we go," because you know how it is, a good-looking couple, and no one had ever written that before in a song.



love forever,

Kate



Comments

tony said…
put up a picture of your new dog for us!!!

Popular Posts