Pretty Plastic People of the Universe:



Everyone talks about how amazing Christopher Reeve was as a person, and that's great. But, since no one else is gonna say it, I'm gonna say it.



Dude was hot. Outrageously, dangerously, blindingly hot. So hot I never forgot.











When Superman came out, I experienced feelings which should have been biologically impossible for a prepubescent. And the aching--o!--the aching. And the longing.



Saw it recently; nothing had changed.



I never knew, and still don't--in cartoons or in real life--which was more enticing: The painful smart-boy shy nerd writer in glasses; or the, you know, superhero. Alone, either one wouldn't satisfy; together, they unlock everything.



A girl cannot resist the glam rock appeal of the superhero. Nor should she.















I guess it's the female neurotic version of the madonna/whore complex.



It's the Superman/nerd complex.



Dualism is a wonderful thing.



This, however, is how I want to remember him. Yeah.











Nerd.

Comments

Popular Posts