Hi, Queen Bitches!



So Jed played the new Nirvana single, "You Know You're Right."



It was fucking hysterical because as soon as it came on I said, Oh fuck, Bush has another goddamn single. He sounded so much like he was copying Gavin Rossdale it was not even funny.



And then he was totally mimicking Eddie Vedder, of course.



And then I was like, you know what? I think I'm glad the grunge era is over.



He was the only one that was any good at it, really. And I'm sure if he hadn't been such a gunhappy idiot, he would agree today that the whole vocal school he started is just so totally over.



It's so 1994.



Anyway, as far as the song itself goes, all I can say is, "Another One Bites the Dust."



And, "Children of the Revolution."



Historically Kurt Cobain has been crafty in burying his influences but in this case he just out and sings this nifty little descending vocal line that you hear in slightly altered form in the aforementioned songs.



Unfortunately the song isn't as gay as those songs--and I mean "gay" in the good way. Kurt Cobain needed a lot more gayness in his life.



I think the gays could have saved him.



I am quite serious.



He needed gay men around him to say, Look, sweet cheeks. You think you got problems?



He needed gay men around him to put lipstick and furs on him.



He needed gay men to make him feel the funk.



Wow, i'm deep as shit today. Not! must be all the good news. fuck it, i'm going to the rustic.





love,

moi





Comments

Popular Posts