Hi Noddy Blinkums:



A guy just wrote me to say, politely, that corporate control of the media sucks ass, but is the price we pay for a free-market economy.



This is sheer bloonky-wangle. Corporate media monopoly is a condition which was carefully, diligently, and very expensively maneuvered over the past 20 years by special interests. These groups paid vast sums of money to lobby Congress and the FCC to dismantle all the carefully written media anti-trust laws that were established years ago, and that served us well for decades.



Corporate media monopoly is proudly anti-competitive, and therefore anti-free market.



But don't take it from me.



Tomorrow, when I have time, I will post excerpts from a recent interview I did with the president of Viacom, who will explain it all in the clearest possible terms.



Make no mistake: This is not how it is supposed to be.



Love,

Kate

Comments

Popular Posts