SEATTLE ROCKS!



Kate:



Following the final episode of Pop Vultures on KUOW last month we've been getting lots of mail from very sad listeners. I'm hearing from all ages. I've copied below a typical letter from the "adult" segment of our audience:



Jeff



Jeffrey W. Hansen

Program Director

KUOW 94.9 Seattle



-----Original Message-----

From: B. Postman

Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 2:12 PM

To: letters@kuow.org

Subject: Cancellation of Pop Vultures



Hi! I'm 57 years old, baby boomer with two teenage sons, faithful listener (and Contributor) to NPR - ATC etc., This American Life, The Splendid Table, and as of the last month, Pop Vultures. Imagine my son's surprise when he came home from college and found me listening to Missy Elliot and Usher! This was my entree into the current pop music culture. I was calling my other 40 & 50-somethings to turn them onto the show, and THEY CANCELLED IT! Even my husband loved it, and he's Mr. Cool and Hip and goes to concerts and knows all the people Kate and wonderful Hillary and the gang talked about!



It was, like, BRINGING OUR FAMILY TOGETHER! We could converse at dinner, instead of me sitting there like a deaf mute or saying things like, "Who is this Mr. Fifty-Cent Piece?"



Bring them back!



Show people that public radio doesn't have to be sombre and stuffy. Even 50 something girls still want to have fun!



B. Postman - Olympia, WA

Comments

Popular Posts