Happy Monday. Stayed up till 4 a.m. with the whiskey, trying to write about how it feels to finally have a little decent rock on the radio after the Aggro-Metal Emergency of 1998-2001. The White Stripes have been in the �Furious Five At Five� thing on KROQ for weeks now. (And by the way, is that supposed to be a Grandmaster Flash reference or something? Like they ever played Grandmaster Flash. Haw.)



I have to confess, though, that I dug a little of that rap-metal shit. Having dated a sociopath I always related to Limp Bizkit�s �Think About It.� I liked �Butterfly.� I�m down with �The Sickness.� (It�s just too goofy to hate, plus it has an anthemic catchphrase, which is always a plus.)



And I still sing along like a complete asshole whenever POD�s �Alive� comes on the radio. Sure, it�s about God, but you can totally pretend it�s about having sex on tons of drugs.





Comments

Popular Posts