Sorry if it seems star-fucky to put stuff from interviews like that. It seems maybe star-fucky to me. But the thing with the blog is, I don't want to just delete stuff that annoys me later. The whole point of the blog is to be an imperfect reflection of a moment. So I guess Thursday was a star-fucky day for me, prolly because I am so tired from working so much, I am crying all the time and just feel so insecure. Last night I was reading an article from 1996 during the nadir of John Frusciante's heroin addiction (Chili Peppers' guitarist). It was written so graphically and gruesomely, I turned into a big crybaby. I just felt so sad. Maybe I should get some sleep. OK, bye.



love,

Kate



ps: My roommate Jacob played me Paul Williams' (and Kermit's) "The Rainbow Connection" tonight on guitar, and we sang it in bad harmony. It is such a great song. To me it's about the mystery of following the muse, and the loneliness of it. Willie Nelson recently recorded it really beautifully, and titled his album after it. I sure hope that made Paul Williams happy. I love his songwriting. It's full of key changes and beautiful chord progressions, and inspiring bridges. I wonder what he's doing now, and if he's happy.



"have you been half-asleep?

and have you heard voices?

i've jeard them calling my name.

is this the sweet sound

that calls the young sailors?

the voice could be one and the same.

i've heard it too many times to ignore it.

it's something that i'm supposed to be.

someday we'll find it,

the rainbow connection,

the lovers, the dreamers, and me."























Comments

Popular Posts