Hello, Grandmaster:



These are the good things lately:



1. I was doing some big post-Minneapolis grocery-shopping yesterday, "refilling my larder," as my mom would say, at Trader Joe's in Silverlake. Now, I know it's kind of early to get in the spirit, but they had the best little live Christmas trees with fairy lights already on them. Just a tree with lights, no decorations. Very natural. I totally wanted it, so I got it. So what if it's not even Thanksgiving yet?



Fuck it, I'm ready. Bring it on!



2. I saw Harry Potter last night, and it was tops. The best part is the Weasleys' kitchen.



3. Afterwards I went to Tiki Ti, the teeny-weeny tiki bar on Sunset near the Vista. They were calling last call, but the buxom door mistress let us in, as long as we ordered quickly. When asked if people could smoke, she lifted her cigarette and said, "of course."



Everyone was in a good mood inside. It felt like the night before Thanksgiving, when everyone parties. It felt special. Maybe everyone had come from Harry Potter.



4. I had bacon for breakfast and for lunch.



I have to run now. This entry was pretty lame but Tony Pierce said, Something is better than nothing.



By the way, I think I haven't been name-dropping enough lately here.



I'm going to have to work on that.



I'll see what I can do.



love,

Kate





Comments

Popular Posts