Hi, Friendly Haberdashers:



Ben emaiiled to say Mr. Ishibashi was a professional deep-sea fisherman.



Way cool!



Explains the mutant clams.



Also, last night I remembered that their satanic German shepherd was named Musashi. The only defense against Musashi was the hose. Why are dogs afraid of water?



Maybe he was afraid because he was the Wicked Witch of the West.



I just remembered another Third Avenue Classic: I think me and neighbor/friend Carrie Manion felt guilty for never petting Suki, because, you see, Suki never got any love, because poor Suki was gross. So one time, maybe like during one of our Christian perfect-angel do-gooder phases, me and Carrie took paper towels, and petted Suki using the paper towels.



Suki, if you were alive today, i would put on some gloves and I would love you so much your eyes would cross. I am so sorry for being so prejudiced.



OK bye. I'm on total deadline today.



Kate



PS: OMG. Brendan, I just read your totally blogoriffic comment on Mr. Ishibashi, Mr. Lee, and the "bullshit Whole Foods Experience." It made me so happy, I laughed out loud twice! Reader, go read it immediately and love Brendan just a little more.



You know, I can kind of relate to what you were saying about the reticence of the new Chinese immigrants in your neighborhood, because that's what everybody said when our neighborhood was turning into Koreatown in the '70s and '80s. If I had a dollar for every time I heard the phrase "those damn Koreans," well, I'd buy you some fancy sneakers. (If I had a dollar for every time I heard the phrase, "Those damn Mexicans," I'd buy myself a new stereo.)



There's a lot to be said about Third Avenue in the '70s and '80s, but I don't have time right now to devote to it. Anyway, Brendan, your letter kicked ass.















Comments

Popular Posts