California Stars:



Hi Kid. I forgot that the day we got baked and listened to records, me and Jim started a List of Keen Insights about the music we were hearing, with the intention of reading it over when we weren't high and seeing if it was totally retarded. Sadly, the list ended up being a little short, but here it is:



1. "Let the Good Times Roll" is really quite a dark song. [Ed's note: I used "quite" to sound like I wasn't baked]

2. The guitar on "The Air That I Breathe" is quite Mick Ronsony.

3. "California Stars" is like a quilt, that has red in it--but it's a sexy quilt.



When I said that thing about the quilt, this is how high Jim was---he goes, "Yes! I know exactly what you mean!"



Oh, Lord.



Also, I discovered yet another song to add to my ever-expanding list of pop songs using jingle bells: "Pretty In Pink" by the Psychedelic Furs. So that brings the list to... let's see. Five?



1. "Kiss Me On the Bus"

2. "I Wanna be Your Dog"

3. "Pretty In Pink"

4. That one song on "Pet Sounds"

5. ???



I'm telling you man, jingle bells are gonna be the next big thing. There must be a Weezer song with them. There's just gotta be. Do you know what I mean?



I've been thinking a lot about Rivers and Weezer lately. I keep thinking I'm seeing him everywhere, because he lives in my neighborhood. It's so sad.



Sigh.



love,

kate

Comments

Popular Posts