Hi You Fly Ass Bitches:



I deleted the anti-war speech because it was too long.



I mean, it served its purpose and then it started to just be really long.



So anyway, we all know how bad KROQ sux and all, but I have to say, they are better now than they've been in four years at least. Not only do they play the White Stripes, the Strokes, the Flaming Lips, Beck, Johnny Cash (weird but whatever), and the Donnas, but the number-one most requested song for the past three weeks has been a burned copy of an import not yet available in the states---and it is the best song in the whole wide world. THIS is how they used to do it back in the old school. Just play whatever, if it was good, no matter what. Appropriately, the song is called "My United States of Whatever," and it's a goofy joke song, but also just a great real song, about this kid whose favorite word is "whatever."



As joke-like songs go, this one has a much longer shelf life than "Because I Got High." I guar-own-teee.



I think it's about time someone wrote a song about the word whatever.



At first I thought it was this White Stripes B-side I heard one time about a kid whose girlfriend dumps him at the bowling alley for another guy, so he smashes the pinball machine. But that's a whole other story.



I can't find any streaming version of the song on the web to link to, so maybe sometime you can just suck it up and turn to 106.7. I promise, it's a cute fun rock n' roll song.



It's by Liam Lynch, who did Sifl and Oly, the most awesomest show MTV ever had (and which they were super-retarded about, playing it at random times and then dumping it, I think). Oh well, I have a feeling L.L Whatever J. is going to have the last laugh!



My boy Jim Walsh is coming to stay for a couple days so i prolly won't be able to blog, which I'm sure will just ruin your weekend. Haw. Haw. This blog has been lame for a little while. Fuck it, I'm sorry, but I'm saving my genius for something amazing. I mean, besides the secret weather machine.



Oh yeah, BTW, Supergrass was cool Saturday night but I was feeling so punk, as my mother would say (she goes way back to the old school) that I had to leave in the middle. they were super tired too as it was their third show in a row. Gaz's voice was shot and you could tell they'd been partying like proper rock stars, not married pussy ass English poppas. Happy to report that Gaz has gone back to being totally hot. Thank God. There's some things you need to rely upon, year after year. Chocolate Neccos, Coca Cola, night-blooming jasmine, and Gaz Coomb's hotness.



love n rockets,

kate

Comments

Popular Posts