Hey Fish Fingers:



what a fucking weekend! Wow. I didn't know they still made good times like that. Who knew?



The Tsar show last night was incredible, as predicted, but somehow more so. It was deliciously energetic, a perfect starburst of superheroism that made everyone in the packed club smile and bounce and feel weirdly happy--people just surrendered to the effervescence without a hint of that grudging vibe you get sometimes from jealous band-guys in the audience. It was inspiring and fun and exciting and all you could do was let the rock love wash over you like a blessing.



My two favorite songs are "Love Explosion" and "Superdeformed." They're super-sexy, man. I mean, wow. They're like sex candy or something.



Anyway, the evening was especially sweet because my tribe was in the house, our tribe, whatever you want to call it, including a few long-lost friends like the majestic Pat Whalen and Debbie Urlik, my oldest best girlfriend. My brother Ben was there, too, and just everybody. I don't write much about it on the blog because I don't want to gloat, but I am really lucky because I have a family of old friends who have known each other since we were all puppies, but who still find each other relentlessly interesting. After all these years we can still get together and party with all the conversational intensity and sexual electricity you'd expect in a group of new-found friends. The party afterwards was like a whole journey in itself, and included all the good stuff: Becherovka and absinthe, love, some weird fights (from a very drunk person nobody knew), homoerotic Pat-and-Os gay love, two Pooh Sticks records played all the way through, a Tsar fan who drove all the way from Canada for the show, loving siblings, mystery and intrigue, and sunrise on a rooftop with a panoramic view of the city.

I felt some things I wouldn't dare put into words. I didn't have to.



Marc Brown hosted in his weird Matrix-loft, and took some priceless pictures of the whole thing (see "Party" link above). Thank you Marc. And thank you Tsar for rocking so fucking hard.



love,

kate



Comments

Popular Posts