Hi Spooky Spice!



The other day I made some calls to various politicians regarding FCC deregulation--Boxer, Feinstein, Waxman and Waters. It was great fun. The guys always sound so sexy. Like the guy from Maxine Waters' office told me that he's super into the issue, and she is too, and she's cosponsoring legislation to overturn some of the shit Michael Powell tried to pull June 2. This guy on the phone talked to me for like five minutes, like he had all the time in the world to talk to one tiny American girl. It made me feel like a person. In fact, everyone was super-duper cool except for Feinstein's office. You know, I think Feinstein is one of the lamest Democrats I've seen. What does she stand for? She's not even weird enough for me to go: She should join the Republicans. She's just totally nowheresville, as my mom would say. In fact, I think they should start a third party for all the nobodies and throw them all in there and call them the Dumocrats or the Lamocrats or maybe the Dimocrats or the Jerkocrats and be done with it.



Anyway, the Senate is cooking up stuff to fight back, and it's easy to make a call. The thing is called S.1046.



If you live in one of the Commerce Committee states, check out this link to find the number for your lady/guy to call. These states are: Alaska, Arizona, California, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington, or West Virginia.



If you live elsewhere, check out this link.



rawk ahn,

me

Comments

Popular Posts