This posted twice because of technical difficulties. oops!

:)





Oh Let the Sun Beat Down Upon My Face:



Sorry so long. Let's see... busy weekend of communing with my peoples. Friday night I rented The Matrix w/my friend. We had gone to see Matrix II a couple weeks ago, but it was so confusing we decided to rent the first one and then go see the second one again. It was rockin. So many little details I'd missed the first time. Kickass motherfucking movie, man.



Saturday was an all-day, all-night BBQ surprise B-day for Jeff Solomon, bassist in Tsar and all-around superman. I just found out from his special lady that he also bakes cornbread--on top of fixing computers, playing rock, singing falsetto harmonies, tiling floors, doing construction and making babies... the list goes on and on. I guess he's what you could call a renaissance man.



Tony had a big photo essay about it. He asked me if I liked it. I said there weren't enough pictures of me. Just a lot of pictures of the same people I see all the time. Then I went back and looked at it again, and I realized: Holy Shit! Those poeple are the loves of my life! These are my tribesmen, my heroes, my family, my teachers. So what if they're the same people I see every day? Isn't that how it should be?



In this picture, for example, you will see three of the most deeply central figures in my entire life, now and forever: My best friend, my brother, and my special special.



No, I won't tell you which are which or who's who, so forget it.



(You'll also see the person who really inspired me to become a writer, and a fun one, and the first guy I ever got really busy with, ha ha. I have learned so much from my friends.)



I am so blessed. So blessed. Thank you, God, for the love and the magical beings you have surrounded me with. Thank you for filling up my heart so full and letting us all be together, still, after so many years. The past is dead and the future doesn't exist: This moment is new, this is the future. We are still young, beautiful and alive, and a little bit wiser than yesterday. This moment is enough. Thank you for it.



The boys played guitar and we sang into the morning. I can't describe to you some of the feelings I felt listening to my drunk friends singing songs of the heart. hearts don't grow old, do they. That's funny, but they don't.



I try to avoid talking about my personal life on the blog, but in this case, it's OK.



Now I have to go pack, because I am still moving into the fairy cottage this month, holy crap!

love,

Kate









Comments

Popular Posts