Hi Supertroopers:



I was caught in traffic today on La Brea and Hollywood, listening to "Badfinger's Greatest Hits," and I discovered my favorite sleigh-bell song of all time.



Now that I have "sleigh-bell ears" on all the time, I continually discover old favorite songs that, secretly, have had sleigh bells in them this whole dang time. Yeah, there's Radiohead, Sheena, I Wanna Be your Dog, Kiss Me On the Bus, Beach Boys, etc. But my latest discovery makes me even happier. It's "Baby Blue" by Badfinger. The sleigh bells are a lot lower in the mix than they usually are (see above songs), so it's like even more of a secret treasure.



(And yes, I know it's not just a tambourine. I have sleigh-bell ears, remember?)



I wish I could have been there in the studio with them while they recorded "Baby Blue," like a ghost from the future. I wish I could have seen whoever it was standing close to the mic with headphones on. shaking those sleigh bells, because I wish I could see what it looks like when someone creates my happiness



I'm on deadline. plus I have about 10,000 things to do before the Tsar show tonight at Spaceland--be there with jingle bells on!



Love,

kate



Comments

Popular Posts