Hello, Young Ramblers:
Before we get down to business, I have two questions.
1. what is the diff between "no outlet," "dead end," and "not a through street"? Why do they have so many different signs to say the same shit?
2. I can't remember the second question, but it had something to do with streets, too.
3. Why can't I stop eating Hershey's Kisses with almonds, wrapped in Christmas foil?
4. Why are they so mysterious?
5. What is love, anyway?
6. Do you want to know a secret?
7. How come you taste so good?
8. Do you remember golden days, and golden summer sun?
Last night I went to see the Christmas light display in Griffith Park, sponsored by the Department of Water and Power. It was in 3-D, and you had to wear 3-D glasses. It was awesome. All the displays were made from strings of lights: City Hall, the Hollywood sign, a surfer catching a wave, LAX... It was a celebration of Los Angeles in 3-D colored lights.
I highly recommend it, but not on a Saturday night. It took almost an hour to get in. That's a lot of car exhaust to suck down, even if you do get to sit in the dark and listen to Boston and America on the radio, and eat Tangerine Altoid candies from a tin, and talk about seeing real, live ghosts.
The X song "I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts" is really a creative high water mark for them, a risk that could have failed completely but doesn't. It's hard to mature and still be cool.
I know this blog has sucked for a while. That's because some creative part of my brain is preoccupied with something (I don't know what) and I lack the bloggy elan necessary for a truly outstanding blog. Sorry.
So fuck it, let's play Fake Song Titles some more.
This time, let's do the Beatles. (By the way, I still want more X ones!)
Actually, let's do solo Beatles.
1. Safe As Houses
2. I'm Lost
3. Come Back (another jab at the Beatles)
4. Sick at Heart
5. Got A Need
6. You Got to Go There to Know There
1. Captain Jacky's Winterful Journey
2. Pudding In The Pie ("Now there's pudding in my pie/and love on the table")
3. Leave Them Babies Be (benefit for animal rights)
4. Peace In Our Time
5. Take Me Home
6. Wonderful Fingerful (a one-off improv)
2. Last Summer
3. The Faultline
4. Dry Wind
3. Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (unreleased demo version of a later B-side, "Bloated")
5. Feminist Pacifier
7. Cracked Reactor (a rare outtake)
1. Pennywhistle Tune
2. Doin' My Thing
3. Jigsaw Puzzle
4. Sister of Mine
1. Flash In the Pan
2. Spy Glass
3. Pretty Little Plan
1. The Giant
2. Incantational Rainbow
3. Space Junk Boogie
4. Tiger's Tooth
1. I Bought You An Indian Blanket
2. Winter Solstice
4. Witch's Brew
5. That Night Before the War
1. Poor Claire
2. Deirdre of the Sorrows
3. Hair Shirt
4. Michael's Lament