Your Moves Are So Raw:



This morning, there are two kinds of people: those who are doing their soul's work (or working toward it, which is the same thing), and those who aren't. You know the difference between the two. You can smell it from five feet.



People who are doing their soul's work have a kind of natural glamour about them, no matter what their work is. They could be a preschool teacher or a bartender or a plumber. They exude a special combination of ease and excitement, because they are in their element. These are always the people you want to hire as your dentist/doctor/mechanic/vet/lawyer.



My mechanic, Jim Matson, is doing his soul's work.



These are also the people I always Like-like. I find this the number-one most irresistible quality in a guy. It is an overpowering aphrodisiac which sometimes interferes with my instincts. It can lead me toward Wrong guys sometimes. But hey, so can a taste for ripped abs.



I think you know it when you're doing what you're meant to be doing. I think. So I must not be doing what I'm meant to be doing, or something. Otherwise I wouldn't have such a thing for those who are. Right?



My thing is, I'm not like a painter or an actor, who has a singular task. I am like a theater director or summer camp director or restaurateur: I need to use several different muscles, all toward the same purpose.



Right now I'm not using all my muscles, and it's making me miserable.



And I've got nobody else to blame.



So I'll shut up about that stuff now.



I think the majority of people are not doing the right thing, whether by choice or by injustice. Andrei Codrescu said boring work is the root of all evil.



Love,

Kate









Comments

Popular Posts